It’s hard to start to eat healthy right away, try and switch out some chips and candies for a healthy berry mix!
Five Berries That You Should Eat:
- Blue Berries: An antioxidant powerhouse! Blueberries reduce the chances of developing diseases related to redness of cells. Including heart diseases, cataracts, glaucoma, and peptic ulcers.
- Strawberries: High in antioxidant phytonutrients known as phenols (protect us from diseases and promote good health). Known to reduce macular degeneration of eyes, and are a great source of potassium, B vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin K, iodine, magnesium, and copper.
- Blackberries: Not only powerful antioxidants, they are very high in chronic diseases and cancer-fighting compounds such as: Vitamin C, D, and ellagic acid. Also related to a soluble fiber known as pectin which is linked to lowering levels of cholesterol.
- Raspberries: Among the highest fiber-containing foods, a great source for vitamin C, maganese, B vitamins, copper, and iron.
- Cherries: Being high in querceticn and ellagic acid, it is known to promote cell and tissue health. Also high in anthocyanins and bioflavonoids which are related to reducing join and muscle pain.